Injectable treatments are a simple, easy, and popular way to significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. For patients seeking to address facial cosmetic concerns such as crow’s feet, vertical lines between the eyebrows, deep forehead creases, or frown lines, the line of injectables offered by Dr. Ashley DiMeola can serve as a non-surgical alternative for facial rejuvenation. BOTOX® Cosmetic, is designed to give patients smoother, younger-looking skin.
Want savings on Botox, Juvéderm, Kybella, Latisse and SkinMedica? Join the Brilliant Distinctions program today.
Want savings on Dysport? Join the ASPIRE program today.
BOTOX® Cosmetic $14 per unit
With millions procedures performed, Botox® Cosmetic is the most popular minimally-invasive cosmetic procedure performed. Used to treat facial lines and wrinkles such as forehead lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, and lines around the neck. With little downtime and almost immediate results, Botox® Cosmetic can help you restore a smoother, more youthful appearance to the face.
Dysport® $4 per unit
Dysport® is a prescription injection proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines without changing the look or movement of the rest of your face. Untreated muscles still work normally, so you can continue to express feelings naturally. It’s the lines that disappear, not your expressions.
KYBELLA® $600 per syringe
MD Cosmetics Medical Spa, is among the first to offer Kybella in Vermont, the only injectable approved by the FDA to help reduce the appearance of a double chin. Kybella, often called the “double chin shot,” is a breakthrough injectable proven to destroy fat in this stubborn area – without the need for incisions, anesthesia, or significant downtime.
Dermal Fillers $675.00-$800.00 1ML Syringe
Dermal fillers, such as Restylane®, Juvederm®, and Perlane® are safe non-allergenic substances that are injected just below the surface of the skin to fill in lines, wrinkles, and scars. These are referred to as “volumizers”.
Juvéderm® is one of the most popular dermal fillers available for facial rejuvenation. This minimally-invasive injectable treatment can be an excellent option for smoothing nasolabial folds and signs of aging around the corners of the mouth. Additionally, it can add volume to facial tissues to help improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles, as well as augment the lips and mid-cheek for a fuller, smoother contour. Click here to find out which Juvéderm product is right for you.
RESTYLANE® & PERLANE®
Restylane® and Perlane® are natural dermal fillers designed to soften telltale aging lines and augment facial features, such as the cheeks and lips. Approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), Restylane® and Perlane® can help restore volume, improve skin elasticity, and smooth wrinkles and creases with long-lasting results, particularly around the corners of the nose and mouth. By administering one of these popular injectable techniques, Dr. Colleen Parker can help you achieve your facial rejuvenation goals with more youthful, natural-looking results.
Contact Our Office
For more information about injectables, or to find out which of these treatments may most effectively help you achieve your facial rejuvenation goals, please contact our office today. Dr. DiMeola will be happy to customize a treatment plan based on your individual needs.
What is Botox® Cosmetic and Dysport®?
BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® are non-surgical, physician-administered injectibles that can temporarily reduce moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and around the eyes. During treatment, very low doses of BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport® are administered via a few tiny injections directly into the muscles that cause those stubborn lines. A BOTOX®Cosmetic/Dysport® treatment is usually done in about 10 minutes, and no recovery time is needed. Within days, you may see an improvement that can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
The facts about BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport®:
- In clinical trials, nearly 90% of men and women surveyed rated the improvement in the appearance of frown lines between their brows as moderate to better one month after treatment, though individual results may vary.
- Results can last for up to 4 months.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic has been used to treat a million people in the United States since it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002 for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ranked BOTOX® Cosmetic as the most popular of all physician-administered cosmetic procedures (surgical and non-surgical combined) in 2002 and 2003.
BOTOX COSMETIC/DYSPORT FAQs:
How does BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport work?
Those moderate to severe frown lines between your brows form over time as the result of muscle activity. BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport is injected directly into the muscles between your brows. It works by blocking the transmission of nerve impulses to the injected muscles; this reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those persistent lines to form.
Is treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport® painful?
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injecting, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Many people return directly to work or normal activity following a treatment.
Will I experience any side effects?
The most common side effects include headache, respiratory infection, flu syndrome, temporary eyelid droop, and nausea. Less frequently occurring (<3%) adverse reactions include pain in the face, erythema at the injection site, and muscle weakness. These events are thought to be associated with the injection and occurred within the first week.
Will my facial expressions continue to look natural?
Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport® will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is simply reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
What will happen if I choose not to continue treatments?
If you do not continue treatments, the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows will gradually look like they did before treatment.
Is BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport® affordable?
When considering your facial aesthetic options, BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® are quite affordable. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’s 2003 survey, BOTOX® Cosmetic/Dysport® are some of the least expensive facial aesthetic procedures in the United States. Like other appearance-related investments, such as hair coloring and cuts, teeth whitening, and chemical peels, the cost must be weighed relative to your expectations. Consult your doctor for further information.
• Ingestion of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising and/or swelling.
• No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, etc.), aspirin, Vitamin E, or Ginko Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in area(s) of treatment.
• You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.You cannot be allergic to eggs or egg products to receive treatment.
• Do not lie down for 4 hours following treatment.
• Avoid manipulation of treated area for a minimum of four hours.
• By following the above measures you will minimize the occurrence of ptosis (droopy eyelids), bruising, and less than optimal outcomes.
• Common side effects include a slight headache lasting a few hours up to 48 hours, and temporary bruising and/or swelling.
• Treatment effect will take 5 to 10 days.
• Benefits of treatment may last 3 to 4 months; the average is 4 months.
• Please inform the office if the resolution of the lines has not taken effect in 10 days. Additional unit of Botox may be necessary to achieve desired result.
• Follow up treatments should be scheduled prior to return of full movement of muscle, usually at three months.
• Consistent repeated treatments will produce the best resolution of wrinkles.
What is Restylane/Perlane/Juvederm?
Restylane/Perlane is a gel that is injected into the skin in order to add volume to lips and lift up wrinkles and folds. Restylane/Perlane/Juvederm consists of hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance already present in your body. Once in the skin, Restylane/Perlane/Juvederm works by creating volume. Some dermal fillers are animal-derived, however the hyaluronic acid in Restylane/Perlane/Juvederm is non-animal and treatment does not require an allergy test. Click here to find out which Juvéderm product is right for you.
How is a treatment performed?
During treatment, the crystal-clear gel is injected into the skin in tiny amounts with a very fine needle. The gel produces volume under the wrinkle, which is lifted up and smoothed out. When enhancing lips or facial contours, Restylane/Perlane/Juvederm adds volume and shape to the treated area. How long will the treatment session take? Treatment is a quick and easy process. As no pre-test is needed, the treatment can be carried out immediately. A filler treatment generally takes 30-60 minutes. The time differs somewhat, depending on the correction you wish to have performed.
What areas can be treated with fillers?
Filler can be used for smoothing out folds and wrinkles, lip enhancements and shaping facial contours. The most common areas are the nasolabial folds (from the root of the nose to the angle of the mouth) and the lips, although other sites can also be treated. Very superficial or very deep wrinkles may be difficult to correct. Please consult your physician for an assessment. Click here to find out which Juvéderm product is right for you.
What will I look like after a filler treatment?
With filler results are immediately visible. Upon treatment you can expect slight redness, swelling, tenderness or an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection. The discomfort is temporary and generally disappears in a few days. After a lip treatment, the lips may become swollen and look somewhat uneven. This can persist for a few days (up to a week). If the discomfort continues, please contact your physician.
What can I expect after my treatment?
During the first 48 hours after your treatment, do not massage or rub the treated area. If you have had a lip enhancement, avoid puckering your lips for the first two days after the treatment. Until the initial swelling and redness have resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat or extreme cold.
• No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, etc.), aspirin, high doses of Vitamin E, or Ginko Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in the treated area(s).
• Consumption of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising and/or swelling.
• You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.
• If you have a history of oral herpes, you must pre-treat with an anti-viral three days before your scheduled visit.
• Swelling, redness, and tenderness will occur after your treatment and usually resolves within 72 hours.
• Cold compresses (a cloth dipped in cold water, wrung out, and applied to the injected area) may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
• Avoid touching the treated area within 6 hours of treatment so you do not accidentally injure your skin. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
• Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sun lamp or sun bathing) or extreme cold weather.
• If you have suffered previously from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another occurrence. Ask your treatment provider about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
• Avoid taking aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s wort, fish oil and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
• Avoid aesthetic lasers, microdermabrasion, or IPL over areas with Filler for one week after treatment
Kybella is an FDA-approved treatment that reduces “submental fat,” the small pocket of fatty tissue responsible for creating a double chin. Until recently, liposuction was the only treatment for reliably reducing this fat, but Kybella is merely an injectable solution that doesn’t require surgery.
Kybella’s active ingredient, deoxycholic acid, is a chemical that’s naturally produced in the body to aid in breaking down and absorbing dietary fat. When the chemical is injected beneath your chin, it breaks down those fat cells in a similar way. They are gradually destroyed and expelled from the body through its natural metabolic process. The result is a smoother, sleeker neck and jawline and a refined profile.
Who is a good candidate for Kybella?
A double chin is one of the most common cosmetic complaints among both men and women. It is often related to a patient’s genetic makeup and not associated with excess weight. That’s why even some very thin, fit people can have a double chin.
If you’re concerned about the appearance of a double chin but want to avoid an invasive procedure such as liposuction, Kybella offers an effective alternative. Kybella is particularly effective for people whose skin retains much of its elasticity, meaning it will “bounce back” into place after the fat is reduced.
What to expect:
Once it’s determined that you are a good candidate for Kybella, we schedule a series of treatment sessions to get the results you want. Most patients see improved contours below the chin after 2 treatments, but some people need up to 4 sessions scheduled at least 6 weeks apart to get the optimal results.
Each treatment session involves multiple injections spaced about a centimeter apart covering the area of your fat. Your injector carefully marks a grid-like pattern pinpointing the injection sites. The injection process lasts just a few minutes, and your entire appointment takes less than an hour.
Results & Recovery
Because Kybella gradually destroys fat cells over the course of multiple treatments, you won’t immediately notice results. The most common side effect of Kybella injections is swelling, usually lasting about a week. Other side effects may include redness, areas of hardness in the treatment area, bruising, and numbness. These are usually minor and resolve on their own. Applying ice or a cold pack to the treatment area for 10 to 15 minutes as needed can help minimize side effects.
There is minimal downtime associated with Kybella treatments. Most people are able to go back to work the next day, although there is usually some swelling and discomfort. As swelling subsides, you likely will begin noticing a slimmer neck line and more refined chin. You can have your second treatment 4 weeks later. The results are considered permanent, although it’s wise to maintain a stable weight to help results last longer.
Here are the important tips you can do the week before your visit that will make a real difference in minimizing bruising after your injectable treatment.
• Avoid medications and/or supplements for a week prior to your treatment that can increase bruising such as: NSAIDS (ibuprofen, aspirin, Naproxen), Vitamin E, Fish Oil, CoQ10 or Flaxseed oil. Tylenol is fine to take.
• We hate to ruin any fun plans, but avoiding alcohol the night before and the night you have your injectable treatment really helps to prevent bruising. Don’t worry. We won’t nag you about it.
• Take Arnica Montana pills 4 days before and after the procedure to aid in reducing bruising. Place four pills underneath your tongue, twice a day. Additionally, Bromelain is helpful in reducing any swelling after the procedure and may be taken three days prior to your treatment. Arnica and Bromelain are both available in our office store for purchase, and there is enough in the bottle for several treatments.
If you are a new patient, please arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to fill out forms. Returning patients, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment. We want you to have plenty of time to unwind, check out our lounge and give us the 411 on what’s new in your life (aka paperwork).
There’s nothing fashionable about being late, you’ll just deprive yourself of the full treatment time. Please be aware that late arrival may mean your treatment time will be abbreviated or rescheduled so the scheduled clients following you are not inconvenienced. If your treatment time is affected you will still be charged the full rate. We do our best to created a calm and relaxing environment so if you need to use your cell phone, please step outside. Also, leave guests and children at home, our waiting room is small and we want to ensure everyone is relaxed and comfortable prior to treatment.
We knows things can suddenly pop up but please provide us with 24 hours notice to cancel/reschedule a spa treatment and 48 hours notice to cancel/reschedule a medical treatment. If appropriate notice is not given you will be charged a flat fee of $50 for a spa treatment and $100 for a medical treatment.
MD Cosmetics is always buzzing so reservations are highly recommended; but when time permits, walk-ins are welcome. Please call ahead and we will do our best to hook you up with any of our premier services. Due to the medical nature of many of our treatments, appointments can sometimes exceed their scheduled time. Please be patient and know that you will also receive the same exceptional service and personal attention.
MD Cosmetics Medical Spa accepts Cash, MasterCard, Visa, AMEX and Discover as payment. All gratuities may be paid directly to the aesthetician/clinician in cash or added on to your credit card.
We think our products are the best and we think you’ll enjoy them just as much. But if you are unhappy with a product purchase from MD Cosmetics Medical Spa, please return the unused item with a dated receipt within 7 days of purchase and we will gladly exchange the item for store credit toward another product or service of equal or greater value. MD Cosmetics Medical Spa cannot issue cash refunds. Please note, gift cards, series/package purchases, and medical grade products are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and not retroactive – so please choose wisely.
ODDS & ENDS
We wouldn’t be the trendsetters that we are if we weren’t constantly expanding our services. Although we makes every effort to keep its website and spa menu updated, please note that prices and services are subject to change at any time.